BEATING LINE MOVEMENT
It should be expected that lines will move within 5 to 30 seconds after every RAS play is released. In order to get full value of this service, it is important to find a solution that will allow you to place bets before line movement on a consistent basis. This can be a challenge for even the most experienced bettors. It may require experimentation with several different sportsbooks and/or betting methods.
- Make sure your method of receiving picks is optimized. We recommend experimenting with different e-mail and text message providers to determine if any is faster than the other.
- Competition for lines is more intense at the most popular sportsbooks and some sportsbooks just generally do not move lines as fast as others. If you are unsuccessful beating the line movement at one site, be sure to experiment with others. Figuring out which sites are less competitive or slower will make this process easier. Monitoring a premium live odds service such as Don Best or SportsOptions during a RAS release can give you an idea of which sites are faster or slower.
- At some sites, it is optimal to place bets online, at others a well timed phone call can be more effective. Experiment with both methods at different sites to determine what works best.
- Every second counts. Be well prepared to place wagers quickly. There are little things you can do to make the process faster. Copy and paste bet amounts, have passwords saved in your browser, use the "Find" (Control-F) feature to locate game numbers or team names on the screen, anything that can save you a few seconds.
- If the full game lines prove too difficult to get, you can try to go after first half lines. These tend to not move as fast or as significantly as the full game lines, and historically have had very similar results.
« Back to RAS User Guide
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments about the service.